uranus7

Autre image credit from BB Observatory - New Jersey to be processed

Messages recommandés

quote:
I guess YES, because in fact, is finally a composition of a number of convolutions (even taking in account only the electronic convolutions of camera) and the processing represent a composition of de-convolutions, finally.

Between final SR image and initial LR frames (noisy, blurred, down-sampled) :
Atmosphere Blur Effect -> Motion Effect -> Camera Blur Effect -> Down-Sampling Effect + Noise.

Hello, ms,

<<Between final SR image and initial LR frames (noisy, blurred, down-sampled) :
Atmosphere Blur Effect -> Motion Effect -> Camera Blur Effect -> Down-Sampling Effect + Noise.>>

Yes, ms !
But even for a single AVI's frame, all above functions together make a composition of convolutions which is a convolution also.
And behind any convolution result, still might hide some unseen details...just waiting for somebody to reveal them.

Cheers,

Gabriel

Merci Missblues mais je pense que le lien de traduction google ne m'est pas vraiment destiné...

Cordialement, Christophe.

quote:
And behind any convolution result, still might hide some unseen details...just waiting for somebody to reveal them.

If these unseen details are chaotic mini-granulation fractals (non random phenomenon), I don't see how to reveal them.

Hello Gabriel, I do join Simon, Christian and Jean Pierre in there reserves about this processing. The dynamic is dramatically shrinked in your image with a huge loss in the umbra, some details are quite smoothen also. And as Jean Pierre mentionned, the G band intercells spots are so much flatten that one could not say if they were those spots without seeing the original picture.

The result is visually impressive for sure, but as for the scientific value I'm not sure

Frédéric.

Hello, Frederic

My position regarding the G band inter-cells can be read above, at my answer to JP Brahic. I compared again. No loss in the umbra, it's just another way to show it by processing. Anyway, the initial frame had at some places, extremely much confused details which, by 3-D effect were a bit assimilated by very well defined neighbor details.
At a general look to the initial frame (image) you can't ignore the abnormalities at the left down corner for example and not only, where the shapes are wrongly defined by physical issues (lens, turbulence, wrong reconstruction, etc).
Nobody can tell me that the initial frame has a homogeneous quality on his whole surface. As you can see, the small G band inter-cells are much much better defined to the middle of the picture than on down-left area (initial picture).

What are you expecting to get off, by processing, in the very wrong definitely area, where someone of here is only supposing to be G-band inter-cells ?

Here in Romania we have a saying: "nobody can do a perfect lash using only sand".

Of course, as for the scientific value the down-left corner area has not much value even at the original delivered image (frame).
On the other hand, I just wanted to do the 3-D impression for big granules, first of all. That was my main proposal first of all.

"Le style c'est l'homme même" ( Georges-Louis Leclerc, Comte de Buffon- French Academie, Aug. 25, 1753) and that's the way I processed for my proposal with the input conditions.

Appreciating your comments.

Regards,

Gabriel

Gabriel, 3 questions:

- the aim of the processing is not very clear in my mind: aesthetic or scientific? If scientific, what do you want to study?

- "BB Observatory - New Jersey" is Big Bear Solar Observatory, right? Big Bear is located in California, not in NJ (it's just operated by NJ Institute of Technology). A remark: your credit could be more clear. Did you get public files from the observatory or are you involved in any way in the observatory and/or in the image acquisition process?

- you talk a lot about "3D effect" (personally I don't see much of 3D effect on your image, but it may depend on individuals). Okay, but is there any relationship with the REAL 3D shape of the solar surface, or is it just an arbitrary interpretation?

Thanks

Thierry,

lets assign to 1,2,3 your points.

1. I didn't declared at all, at the beginnig, that the picture is aesthetic or scientific. Then...is just a processing. Take it as you wish...it's your subjective interpretation then. Did you attentively read my post ???

2. The point 2 has no relevance...except probably at a POLICE POST. My credit is very clear first of all by the title of the post. You didn't read it ? The image is in fact captured at BBO but in fact, the reconstruction was made at New Jersey, so, isn't a fatal error because I mentioned in a way, the trace of the picture, finally.
I wanted to make correction about the place of the Institute where I received the picture but the possibilities to correct the post's title here seems to be impossible, too primitive or very delicate (not at hand) supposing much time consuming (also for image insertion, URL insertion, etc) so I rather give up.

3. Yes, I "talked a lot" about 3-D effect. If you didn't see the effect is probably because maybe you aren't able to see it or you won't. Did you ever think about that idea till now ?
All images here on this site are "arbitrary interpretations" as you named. If you didn't know then today you find out. Here I saw different images wonderful or bad. For solar I saw very hard close up's made with very expensive instruments, full of artifacts, with smeared area processed as "arbitrary interpretation", but also nice images close to a scientific look and made with modest instruments at a high level skills.

Thanks

[Ce message a été modifié par uranus7 (Édité le 27-11-2014).]

Petit résumé pour les frenchies :

L'individu inscrit sous le nom d'uranus7, ce qui est déjà limite-limite(*), ne sait pas s'il a traité/surtraité/massacré (rayez la mention inutile) une très belle image solaire dans un but scientifique ou esthétique. Il a récupéré l'image par l'intermédiaire de Facebook mais il n'a aucune participation à la prise de vue qui a été réalisée au Big Bear Observatory en Californie, ce qui n'est pas évident vu le crédit plus qu'approximatif "BB Observatory - New Jersey". Il déclare avoir traité l'image pour donner un "effet 3D", ce qui tient de la méthode Coué car outre le fait qu'il n'y a dans l'image de départ aucune information sur la forme réelle de la surface solaire au moment de la prise de vue, une véritable 3D se regarde en double image à fusionner (croisé ou parallèle) ou avec des lunettes colorées. Pour finir, un peu agacé de ne pas recevoir que des compliments, il a ressorti un fil de chonum du mois dernier pour y glisser une petite vengeance.

(*) : rappelons qu'en anglais, uranus se dit "your-anus"

Bon, je crois qu'on a fait le tour

Thierry Legault :

<<Il a récupéré l'image par l'intermédiaire de Facebook mais il n'a aucune participation à la prise de vue qui a été réalisée au Big Bear Observatory en Californie>>

FAUX, Thierry, je ai eu le droit de processe (traitee) l'image du Seigneur Claude Plymate , technicien au California Institute en tant que membre de la page Facebook - SolarActivity .
Voir ici le "résultats " du "concours" (pour ceux qui ont accès à la page) et ne oubliez pas que la, mon FB name est Gabriel Corban:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=834450813243549&set=gm.893220837355928&ty pe=1&theater

<< ne sait pas s'il a traité/surtraité/massacré (rayez la mention inutile) une très belle image solaire dans un but scientifique ou esthétique.>>

Thierry, ici, vous me rappelez les livres de Kafka , en particulier "Le Processus" ou "Le château" .
Votre interprétation est ridicule. Ne comprenez-vous pas que je ne peux pas répondre aux questions (des points) absurde venant de vous ? Pas croire que tout le monde (qui font de ce résumé) peut juger que par votre esprit.

<<Il déclare avoir traité l'image pour donner un "effet 3D", ce qui tient de la méthode Coué car outre le fait qu'il n'y a dans l'image de départ aucune information sur la forme réelle de la surface solaire au moment de la prise de vue, une véritable 3D se regarde en double image à fusionner (croisé ou parallèle) ou avec des lunettes colorées>>

Again Franz Kafka ici.
Ce est mon travail que je choisis de faire la "3 - D effect" et est seulement votre travail me juger . Je ne me soucie tout simplement pas.

<<Pour finir, un peu agacé de ne pas recevoir que des compliments, il a ressorti un fil de chonum du mois dernier pour y glisser une petite vengeance.>>

Thierry, nous ne devrions pas être amis avec quelqu'un, que vous aimez ses photos . Ce est ma règle .Je viens il appliqué dans votre cas.

Il ne était pas question de vengeance . Plutôt votre intervention était une vengeance . Je voulais juste vous montrer ce que cela signifie d'être honnête et juste . Aussi je voulais vous montrer comment de nombreuses aberrations peuvent soumettre votre style de travail et pourtant je ne étais pas trop explicite .

Tout votre interprétation du résumé est FAUX et MALVEILLANTS.
Vous n'avez pas, ici, le droit de se MOQUER et à dénigrer .

Votre interprétation misérable :
<<(*) : rappelons qu'en anglais, uranus se dit "your-anus">>

démontre la réalité qu'une demande :

vous êtes une personne ABJECTE, VULGAIRE, qui n'aurait pas ce qu'il faut rechercher sur ce site. Ainsi, de parler au nom de la science.

Gabriel

[Ce message a été modifié par uranus7 (Édité le 01-12-2014).]

Lighten up Gabriel... Thierry's questions were just 3 normal questions/remarks regarding your original post. Its perfectly legit for us to wonder if your aim was purely aesthetic or scientific. If you get mad when people ask you politely these questions, then its going to be difficult to get anything interesting out of the forum.

I personally think that the image is beautiful and I'm not competent to judge the question of artifacts/3D/.... However, I also think that more explanations on your motivations would help.

Also, FYI, Thierry is a highly respected astrophotographer and his interventions on this forums are usually valued by most of us.

Finally, I don't know what the moderators have to say about this, but the automatic translation thing is quite hard to follow. I suggest you include the original text in English alongside the automatic translation.

Cheers,

jf

uranus7 n'a, peut-être, pas toujours fourni les réponses attendues mais lui est resté poli.

quote:
rappelons qu'en anglais, uranus se dit "your-anus"

Ce commentaire d'une grande lourdeur n'a pas sa place ici.

Oui ms, pour le pseudo uranus7 je n'y vois pas de mauvaise intention. Par contre ses réponses aux messages autres que: "OMG, what a beautiful image, you are the best!" sont hyper agressives et à coté de la plaque.

Quand je lis ça: "1. I didn't declared at all, at the beginnig, that the picture is aesthetic or scientific. Then...is just a processing. Take it as you wish...it's your subjective interpretation then. Did you attentively read my post ??? "

Alors que le message de départ contient simplement ça comme texte: "Starting from here:
[image]
and arriving here:
[image]
Cheers guys !

Gabriel"

On a quand même le droit de demander un peu d'explications...

Cheers,

jf

merci jf

ms, crois-tu que ce soit poli de ne pas répondre à une question sur le but de son traitement ? Crois-tu que ce soit poli vis à vis des auteurs des images de rédiger un crédit abscons ? Crois-tu que ce soit poli de parler de "police" quand on se prend une remarque sur ce même crédit, alors qu'il s'agit d'une simple question de respect ? Crois-tu que ce soit poli de prétexter qu'on n'a pas pu changer le crédit parce que le titre d'un fil n'est pas modifiable, alors qu'on peut très bien en modifier le corps ? Crois-tu que ce soit poli de me dire que je ne veux pas voir de 3D dans une image 2D ? Crois-tu que ce soit poli de relancer un fil d'images de chonum pour dire que ses images sont surtraitées, après un commentaire de chonum sur le présent fil ?

Devant tant de mauvaise foi, désolé mais je ne culpabiliserai pas. Faut quand même pas me prendre pour un lapin de 6 semaines

[Ce message a été modifié par Thierry Legault (Édité le 01-12-2014).]

Croyez-vous qu'un fil pourrait se faire en français sur un forum US?
Vous connaissez la réponse ... .

amicalement rolf

Hello guys,

I'm not forced to answer to any question here, for Mr. Thierry Legault, mainly if the questions are black-hearted.

I don't care if Mr. Thierry Legault has or not much experience as Astro-photographer. I have my experience and also I have the right to have my own opinion about quality (mine or other's). I generally was very moderate regarding my comments about other's result but, my regular way to be is SINCERE, even if that way hurt others. When Mr. Thierry Legault will have my experience in processing, then, he might hope to have my special attention to his questions.

Well, for my open-heart friends from this site, I'll just recommend to see my little "award" which I received today on SolarActivity FaceBook page:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=681712528609831&set=gm.899643883380290&ty pe=1&theater

Cheers,

Gabriel

Traduction en francaise:

Je ne suis pas forcé de répondre à n'importe quelle question ici, pour M. Thierry Legault, principalement si les questions ont malfaisant.
Je ne fais pas si le M. Thierry Legault fait ou ne fait pas beaucoup d'expérience en astrophotography. J'ai mon expérience et aussi j'ai le droit d'avoir mon propre avis sur la qualité (moi ou d'autre).
J'étais généralement très modéré ici à mes commentaires du résultat de l'autre, mais, ma cérémonie est d'habitude assistée par la façon d'être tres sincère, même si cette façon endommage d'autres.
Quand M. Thierry Legault aura mon expérience dans le traitement (processing) , alors, il pourrait espérer avoir mon sincere attention particulière à ses questions.

Eh bien, maintenant, pour mes amis ouverts-du-coeur de ce site, je recommanderai juste de voir ma petite "récompense"("sentence") que j'ai reçue aujourd'hui à la page Facebook SolarActivity :

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=681712528609831&set=gm.899643883380290&ty pe=1&theater

Salutations,

Gabriel

[Ce message a été modifié par uranus7 (Édité le 01-12-2014).]

"Quand M. Thierry Legault aura mon expérience dans le traitement (processing) , alors, il pourrait espérer avoir mon sincere attention particulière à ses questions."

Alors... Provocation? Mauvaise foi... Ou tout simplement 'bêtise" (pour rester correct)????

Les français sont arrogants, c'est bien connu!

Il n'empêche qu'il ne sont visiblement pas les seuls!!!
http://www.sbig.com/astronomy/hall-of-fame/
(Là je ne mets pas un site franco-français!)
http://www.astrophoto.fr/

http://www.rockynook.com/shop/photography/astrophotography/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/nasahqphoto/3531410425/in/photostream/

...de toute façon ça ne sert à rien, le gars il sait certainement déjà tout ça ... et j'ai même de très gros doutes qu'il n'a posté ici qu'en espérant pouvoir "se payer" Thierry Legault... Ou un autre astrophotographe français de renom...

[Ce message a été modifié par astrovicking (Édité le 02-12-2014).]

"Thierry Legault is a world-renowned astrophotographer. In 1999, Legault received the prestigious Marius Jacquemetton prize from the Societe Astronomique de France for his astronomical photographs. He is so highly regarded in this industry that the International Astronomical Union officially bestowed the name Legault on asteroid #19458. Legault co-authored the book New Atlas of the Moon (Firefly, 2006) and has written numerous articles about astrophotography for French and American magazines. He regularly presents courses and gives astrophotography lectures in Europe, America, and Asia. Legault’s images, most notably those of the International Space Station, have been published and broadcast worldwide (including NASA publications, Nature, Scientific American, The Times, The Wall Street Journal, Popular Science, Aviation Week, Discovery Channel, BBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, Fox, CBC, and MSNBC)."