To get information on a particular feature of the dialogue area, left-click the following image:
The two little buttons “+” and “-“ allow you to vary the magnitude limit for the star filter. (Their use while pressing the Ctrl key allows you to vary the magnitude limit of the deep sky objects filter.) Note how the colours of the buttons reflect the filter status: green - no filter active, yellow – an automatic filter is active limiting the number of objects displayed, and red – a manual filter is active.
If the map is not set to the current date and time of the PC (i.e. it is at a fixed date and time specified in the tab Date of the Options dialog box), the date label background in the dialogue area is displayed in red so user's attention is catched.
From version 2.0.32, Julian Day and Siderial Time are displayed. In the Date tab of the Options dialog box, it is possible to specify that one wants to display the Besselian date rather than the Julian Day.
The upper slider allows you to adjust the size of the discs that represent stars in the map. A right click immediately returns it to the default value. The lower slider allows you to adjust the dynamic range of star sizes. As with the star size slider, a right click allows you to revert to the default value of the dynamic range.
The Moon icon is used as follows:
· A simple left click on the icon gives direct access to the SolSys tab of the Options dialogue box.
· A simple right click on the icon produces a display of the phases of the Moon.
· A left click whist pressing the SHIFT key allows you to obtain information about the moon in the control panel (or in the information box), in particular rising, transit and setting times.
· A left click whilst pressing the Ctrl key allows you to obtain information about the Sun in the control panel (or in an information box), in particular rising, transit and setting times.
· A right click whilst pressing the Ctrl key allows you to open the tool that gives the rising, transit, stting and twilight times of the Sun for a given date.
Note that if the main window is not wide enough, some elements of the dialog zone will not be displayed, starting with those on the right.
Table of Contents