jeanlg

Nagler 5

Messages recommandés

Bonjour,

Que pensez-vous de cet oculaire ?
C'est pour un Dobson 380, F/D 4.5.

Merci

jeanlg

Je l'utilise sur un Dobson 200/1200 et sur une TV76 et j'en suis plutôt content....
Piqué, grand champ et image OK jusqu'au bord, c'est beau.

Merci Gordon pour ta réponse
Donc sur F/D 6 c'est "beau", avec pupille de sortie de 0.8. Je me pose la question car un ami a testé le Nagler 4.8 avec le même instrument que le mien, l'adjectif qualificatif qu'il a utilisé pour décrire la capacité de cet oculaire sur le planétaire était éloigné de "beau" . D'ou ma question pour le Nagler 5...
jeanlg

Effectivement j'ai le Nagler 4.8mm.
Même si c'est trés agréable de regarder la Lune en grand champ j'ai trouvé qu'il manquait de contraste sur Jupiter notamment par rapport à un plossl clavé.

Est-ce que quelqu'un a comparé le Nagler 5 avec le 4.8 ?

[Ce message a été modifié par PierreJL (Édité le 07-02-2005).]

Ouais, faudrait pouvoir comparer....

Y avait ça sur le site Company7 (http://www.company7.com/library/televue/orrtv5mmN.html) :

"Telescopes used for this comparison:

1. TeleVue 85mm F7 Apochromatic Refractor: 120x magnification
2. Astro-Physics 155 F7 Starfire Apochromatic Refractor: 218x magnification

Left: TeleVue 5mm Nagler Type 6 eyepiece (at right) next to original design 4.8mm Nagler eyepiece. (87,208 bytes)

The night is clear, clean, and dark. V-aquilae is a delight to behold. It is so red. Not the orange-color that forms from the low surface temperatures of so called red giant stars like Betelgeuse, Antares, and Aldebaran but the intense deep red of the tainted atmosphere of a carbon star. In a well corrected apochromatic refractor such as the 155mm AP at high power this star appears as a brilliant point of blood fixed against the black face of eternity itself. So what is wrong with me? Instead of enjoying this wonderful star as any normal amateur astronomer would -- here I am looking at it out of focus, barlowed absurdly at nearly 100x/inch of aperture, looking for the most subtle of differences between two, as near perfect eyepieces as you are ever going to find -- the 5mm Nagler and the 5mm Radian. This reviewer has got to get a life; whatever I am doing with an out-of-focused v-aquilae, it is not astronomy. This is not the best use of my time under a dark sky.

I enjoyed the 4.8mm Nagler for years. In its day, it set a new standard for short focal length eyepieces under 6mm. But times change. Radians dealt it a near fatal blow when they entered the market and I believe the 5mm Nagler type 6 will finished the job. Unlike the old and new 7mm Naglers, which when compared were at least close in testing, the cleaner image and much improved eye-relief of the 5mm Nagler sets it way apart from the old 4.8mm. The 4.8mm Nagler's main draw back was that the 7mm eye-relief (always seemed shorter to me) robbed me of the Nagler space walk feeling that I enjoyed with his other 82 degree F.o.V. eyepieces. I have heard it said that the 4.8mm is a lower cost alternative to the 5mm Nagler. It is not. With the 5mm Radian and the 5mm Nagler both currently available I can see no reason (including cost) for anyone to purchase a 4.8mm Nagler new.